Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Gearing up for Gilmanor!

First, I must apologize for neglecting the blog. I've been so wrapped up in spring planning and hatches. But of course now, one of the busiest weeks of the year on the farm, I've decided to come back. Why is this week so crazy? Saturday is the great Gilmanor Swap as many of you know, and with lists made and crates clean all that's left is a few baths, loading food and treats, and of course the birds! I love telling people about this swap who have never been.. you can see their eyes light up as you continue talking about the 100 or so vendors, the great rare oddities that can be found around every corner, the fantastic hand-made goods and of course the amazing chickens, kittens, puppies, goats, mini horses, sheep, finches, pea fowl.. the list goes on and on. So like everyone else, I'm incredibly excited for Saturday to arrive!

I will have mostly youngsters at this swap, but will also have several POL pullets as well as a few adult birds. Youngsters from 1-6 weeks include lavender orpingtons, silver penciled rocks, partridge rocks, olive eggers, easter eggers, a few black copper marans as well as wheaten ameraucanas, plus several other fun birds. I have someone coming to inspect my lovely group of Swedish Flower Hens very early (2 POL pullets and 4 roos), but if they decide not to purchase them I will be making them available to the public.

Please look for my blue tent with the Shady Lane Farm banner and stop by to say hi! We plan to start setting up at 6:30 and will be ready to sell at 7am.

No comments:

Post a Comment